After doing more reading on delayed myelination - I just can't accept that Ella has that. I mean, maybe she is delayed in that aspect, but kids who truly have it seem to have a whole host of problems - serious ones. Ella is perfectly healthy aside from the slow development. I just don't know. It seems like a catch-all diagnosis that explains nothing and gives no direction. We'll wait for the blood tests to come back and re-visit the neurologist in 3 months. Hopefully, Ella will run down the halls under her own power and show them she knows how to myelinate just fine.
Meanwhile, she's trying to eat cat food...take that Gerber and your "brain development" foods!
On the Bearclaw front. I keep thinking Bearclaw is a boy. Perhaps because I want a girl so bad, that I'm totally preparing myself for a boy. And really, I want a girl for the convenience of it. We have girl clothes, girly toys and a bright pink bouncer for gosh sake! My reasons for not wanting a boy are really just silly. I don't particularly like boy clothing - I'm not big on race cars, attitude tees and super heroes. I'm going to be shopping long and hard to find things with cute puppies, airplanes and dinosaurs. Our nursery and travel system and most other baby stuff is pretty gender neutral. I also like the girl name we have picked out better than the boy name (which we can't quite nail down anyway). I'm also a little freaked out about the diaper changes - who really wants to get sprayed with urine? I don't care how sterile it is. Hopefully, if Bearclaw is a boy, he won't be too scarred from sitting in a bright pink bouncy seat with butterflies and flowers dangling over it. Or from driving around town in a bright pink push car. Man up, I say. If Bearclaw is a girl, welcome, you will be cutely dressed! Mommy loves you either way.
I should have asked the tech yesterday if she could see anything. But, from the pics, you can see that Bearclaw was being pretty modest. I've nearly convinced myself that I saw something in the pics - which is most likely more umbilical cord. Feeling totally desperate, I *almost* wanted to buy the Intelligenter test at CVS - there was one left, I thought it was a sign. However, the clearer sign was the price - $39.95!! I'll wait six weeks, thanks. They say it's 90% accurate, but you shouldn't paint your walls based on it. I think it's probably about 50% accurate. So, out of clear desperation last night, I dug through my jewelry to find it. The ring. The gold ring of destiny. My mom's wedding ring is the ultimate gold ring of baby sex destiny. She's hung that thing over so many bloated bellies and accurately predicted the sex every time. I've only done my witch craft to a few people - successfully! Like mother like daughter! I had Loran try it on me (for fun of course) and it swung boy. Loran tried it over my head and it also swung boy...so I think his technique may be flawed. I did it to his head, got boy, my head, got girl, my tummy, got boy. So, Loran thinks we need to wait for the true witchcraft to be performed by my mom before we get any ideas.
3 comments:
you are soo funny! i just crack up every time i read your blog. i do agree with the boy clothes--they are hard to find. i am in protest of superheros as well, so let's just say we buy our clothing at the "other stores." target is only for shorts or pants now. children's place & baby gap are about it if you want the cuter clothing. i think it will be a boy too, but then i was wrong with this child. if you need any boy clothing, let me know. i will save our cute and non-hero clothing for you:) we are done after baby b.
I felt the EXACT same way. The name especially. I feel so guilty about it, but I wasn't thrilled when they said boy. I got over it. Carters has tons of puppy dog clothes. I'm not a fan of transportation or tool clothes for boys, just like I dislike "princess" clothes for girls. Like you said, Bearclaw, just like Owen, will be loved either way.
I was terrified I'd have a girl!
Post a Comment