Bearclaw - Got the results back from our NT Scan last week. It was the best of the best we could hope for. The chance of Bearclaw having Down Syndrome is 1 in greater than 10,000. Take those odds to Vegas! Also, I think I'm starting to feel the little baby flutters. It's hard to tell, but the feeling seems to be getting a little more fequent. However, this weekend, I was scrapbooking and I stood up and thought I felt movement, but turns out it was just my underwear band rolling down...so, I've been wrong before!
Ella - Ella's getting into trouble. She's now feeling pretty confident in going up the stairs. Not so good at coming down - we'll work on that. She thinks she can just sit back to go down...not so much. She fell down three stairs before lunch today and might have her first little cheek shiner. Right now, it's just red. Much crying ensued. She's doing really well with going in and out of sitting a crawling suddenly, so that's been huge for her. We went to the park today with our Bible study friends. Ella has missed about a months worth of park dates because her doctor's or PT appointments were scheduled for Tuesdays. Now, she was able to crawl all over the park and climb on the structures. Her favorite part was crawling along and picking up all of the Goldfish crackers that were being dropped by her friends. And I let her eat them, because eating a cracker that has been sitting on blacktop for 20 seconds isn't going to kill her.
Yesterday, Ella woke up at 6:45 crying. Because it was light out, she didn't think it was feasible to go back to sleep. Because she usually sleeps almost two hours longer, I insisted she go back to bed; for my own sanity. I ended up bring Ella up to our bed, pulled the curtains closed and laid next to her. Eventually, she fell asleep around 7:50 and ended up sleeping until 10:50! She was in a super mood all day! It was great. It was a little bothersome to have her sleeping in our bed since I couldn't go very far to get anything done for fear she'd fall out of bed upon waking. But, luckily, the computer was near so I was able to get some putzy stuff done, including finishing my scrapbook pages for the state fair.
Last night, we celebrated Nana's birthday with lots of family. Ella took a few minutes to warm up to everyone, but once she did - look out, she was the life of the party. Finally, around 9, Loran and I had to cut-off party girl. She probably would have gone all night if we'd let her, but I could tell she was starting to get a little sassy. It's always good to leave on a good note, before your child starts throwing a fit and breaking things...

No comments:
Post a Comment