Monday, February 1, 2010

38 Weeks

I'm back from my 38 week appointment! The doctor did not strip my membranes as I thought she would. But, I'm already 3cm, 20% effaced. In fact, the doctor exclaimed, "Wow! Those cramps have really done something!" Lily has rotated a little bit so she's not completely face up (whew!). The doctor poked her in the head and I felt her react to that, which was weird. We peeked at her via ultrasound again, and she was practicing her breathing and squirming all over. The doctor wouldn't be surprised if I went before next Monday. I was really nervous/excited going into this appointment at the prospect of getting the membranes stripped and getting things moving, but I'm even more excited to not have them stripped, still have great progress and the possibility that it's going to happen in the next few days anyway!! I can't tell if I'm currently nesting because I have a crazy amount of energy since I awoke (without my alarm), or if I'm just pumped up from my appointment. But, I'm definitely cleaning an already clean house and rearranging some stuff. I also got the ribbon I needed to finish Lily's birth announcements that I'd started this weekend.

Now that I've made it to February, I'm excited to find out what day my baby will pick for her birthday!

Ella, unfortunately, has come down with my cold. She's on the upward swing. On Saturday she was crying and running a fever. Now she's just drippy, coughing and a little cranky. But, when she's sick, she'll actually cuddle with me. So, there are a few upsides.

Last Friday, I finished up Lily's quilt and then set out to make the girls little tutus. Ella loves hers. It's like Abby from Sesame Street, so she's quite happy. I missed snapping a picture of my little girl in her tutu reading Road and Track magazine. That was pretty funny. I made a littler one for Lily too.


No comments: