Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Must Get Healthy

Now I need Lily to hold out a couple more days. Ella's sick. She started coughing on Friday and has been going downhill since. Cough, fever, runny nose, crying, horrible sleeping and no appetite. I finally brought her into the doctor today and she has the beginning of a sinus infection and ear infection. It's been a rough couple of days.

She got an antibiotic, so hopefully that will help her out. She ate a little tonight, but since she's been in bed for the night, she's woken up every 45 minutes screaming. Sometimes we've gone in to comfort her, sometimes we've let her work it out on her own, but it's been rough.

Of course, as soon as she feels better and starts sleeping, we'll have a newborn to keep us up...

This post, in fact, was interrupted by a marathon rocking session that just ended with Ella going to bed, this time with Tylenol. :(

Part of me wants to go into labor so I can escape this sick child chaos. But really, I want my first baby to be her smiley, happy self again so I can worry just a little less about her and the upheaval I'm about to cause in her life irregardless of her health situation.

If Lily knows what's best for her, she'll stay in a couple of days so we can keep her healthy!

No comments: