Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dousing the Crazy Flame

I've started having some other labor symptoms that include the words mucus, plug, bloody and show...I know, disgusting. So these, paired with my 4 cm and everyone telling me I'll be giving birth on Bob Dylan's famed Hwy 61 prompted me to call the doctor today. Now, I know that the symptoms I'm having are not reasons to go book a hospital room. They're preliminary and just means that something's happening soon. But, I've reached the point of crazy and emotionally unstable. I needed reassurance and the possibility of a tranquilizer.

Sweet, sweet relief.

The office said they aren't too concerned that I'm going to go fast - as in super fast - as in call 911 having a baby in 20 minutes fast. They'd be worried if Ella's birth had happened in 4-5 hours. But, since she clocked in at a healthy 20 hours - they say it would be extremely rare to go super fast. I will go fast-er. Which, is fine. 20 hours gets long. Is there a chance that I'd have to call for backup and have the baby quickly, yes. Is it a good chance, no. Now I'm feeling a lot better. Despite the other gross stuff going on.

Today is the day Loran picked in the baby pool. It would be a fun birthday 2/10/10.

No comments: