Lily has some great expressions, which I've been trying to capture. It's hard because she seems to quickly change her face as soon as I've found the camera, but here are some good ones from the week.
Ella's been under the weather all weekend. She may be feeling slightly better this afternoon. It took two doses of Sesame Street this morning to get her to smile. But, she's more talkative and smiley than she's been all weekend so that's a step in the right direction. I don't want to bring her into the doctor and put her on another antibiotic if I can avoid it, so we're going to try to ride this one out unless she starts moving backwards again. I can tell she's sick when she doesn't get out of bed at all before or after sleep. Just lays there. And, when she's up playing, she'll disappear and we'll find her in bed, sound asleep. She won't eat much, but is drinking like a champ. Slight fever, bad, but productive cough but no other symptoms. The fever seems to have broken this morning, so now...we wait. But, she surrounds herself with good company while she's on the mend.
I start my running club tonight! TONIGHT! eeek! This is exciting and frightening all at the same time. I've never been a "runner" but apparently, this group, Moms on the Run claims that even I, can be a runner. We're training for a 5K at the end of August. I've got new shoes, running skirt, socks, mega supportive bra, tank top, watch, jogging stroller, jogging stroller rain cover, body glide to prevent chaffing (apparently not sold by the bucket...sad.), I just finished a good book about running called Run Like a Mother (really good), and I even learned how to program my watch...which so far, has been the hardest part. I accidentally set it for 1 hour and 3 hour intervals, rather than 1 minute and 3 minutes. That would have been one heck of a starting run.... Now, I just actually have to do it...in less than five hours. *gulp*
No comments:
Post a Comment