We've gone to a parent/child early childhood class every Tuesday night for the school year and it's been a blast. But on Tuesday, Ella had her last night of school. It was a beautiful night so the kids were able to play outside for awhile. It was also open house so there were added bonuses - like a school bus for the kids to check out. We had an ice cream party in the classroom and then circle time and play time. It will be strange to not have school on Tuesdays any more. Soon, it will be Lily's turn!


On the swings! Ella's favorite!

Ella was having a fine time playing with us on the playground until her favorite teacher, Connie, came to say hi. Connie is in Ella's classroom during the parenting sessions, when we're out of the room. Ella and Connie have become the best of friends. Ella would really follow Connie anywhere. As soon as Connie walks in the room, Ella runs right to her. I could have puppies, candy and Elmo paraphernalia, but Connie will always win. I like that Ella has a favorite teacher. It always made the break-out sessions a lot easier on us!


Little children and ice cream = crazy happiness!


Ella likes to stand right in front of the teacher during circle time. She just watches intently. At home, she sings the songs and does the movements but during school, she just stands...and watches...it's a little creepy.

The kids always get to say goodbye to Charlie the Cow at the end of class with a hug or high-five (sometimes both) and for the end of the year, they got to go away with their very own Charley on a stick!
I made it through run number one. And two (on my own)! It was a lot easier than I'd anticipated, which I'm sure will eventually catch up with me. In fact, after the first night, I wasn't sore at all. But, after my second run wherein I had to also push the jogging stroller. Sore. I wasn't sure how that second run would go with the girls when I put Lily in, she started crying, which set Ella off and before I knew it, both were screaming. One pacifier and some
strollering calmed the situation and both were fine for the actual run/walk portion. Wish I could say the same about my hips. "Luckily" I got to go to the dentist today and have a cavity filled. The cavity ended up being so deep that it was nearly a root canal. So, my facial pain has distracted me from my lower body pains. Score!? Turns out, I have the littlest baby in the class, the next is 6 months, then 15 months. So, I'm proud of myself to just be out there with a ten week old!


Lily is trying really hard to roll over. But, that pesky arm gets in the way and she gets stuck...and frustrated. Once she's on her back, she's a flurry of kicking activity. She's really starting to enjoy time on her play mat. And luckily, Ella has been pretty okay with it too...otherwise, it could go bad, fast; with Lily on the floor and Ella roaming...


Ella seems to be feeling better. She still has a little cough, but she's back to her normal level of spunkiness. And, she's back to getting out of bed 231 times before nap and bedtime. As annoying as it is when she's out of bed before you can close the door. It was sad to have her just lay in bed and not even attempt getting out. I'm writing this so in two weeks when I'm about fed up with putting her back into bed, I'll have written proof that I prefer this to listless Ella.
1 comment:
Soo sweet! I can't believe how much older Lily looks already.
Post a Comment