We've had a rough week with little Lil. Her immunizations turned her from our happy-go-lucky baby into a rage-filled pile of frustration. She'd trick you into thinking she was fine by being all smiley and happy, then overnight she'd be up for hours...screaming. It was somewhat reminiscent of the newborn days except now she is is stronger and not just a little lump in a blanket. I've cried a lot this week because of it. I dug out my beloved copy of Good Night, Sleep Tight
Meanwhile, Ella is being quite funny at bedtime. She wants to cuddle, but we don't want to get into the trap of having to lay in bed with her until she falls asleep. Ella has learned how to turn on the charm - look out boys! When I lay next to her, she grabs my arm and drapes it across her body, sometimes hugging it. If I attempt to get up and scoot out of her bed, she moves like a flash and is suddenly laying across my lap with her head laying on my leg. And when I was joking around with her, using her as a pillow, every time I'd lift my head, she'd grab it and pull it back down, basically holding me in a head-lock. She's very serious about all of this too, she's not joking around, she wants you to cuddle. Since she's not normally a very cuddly child, I kind of like it, not to mention, it's highly cute.


No comments:
Post a Comment