Monday, October 11, 2010

Baby Scoots on the Move

Last week, Lily had been working on rolling and scooting to get around. The only problem with her scooting was that she was only able to scoot backwards. This was frustrating to her because she was trying to get something in front of her and would end up five feet further from it. And a few times, I’d walk into the living room and not see Lily on the rug. She’d scooted off the rug and around the corner. Once, she ended up under a side table. She was not happy with this!

011

She has figured out how to roll back on her back for sleeping so we no longer have a tummy sleeper, which means we’re all sleeping better.

On Thursday, Lily got up on her knees and rocked back and forth. This was highly exciting because it’s a first for our family. But, it is also frightening because it means my child who has zero impulse control is about to be mobile. So while I sat and watched her with a giant smile and filled with pride, I did kind of want to push her down with my foot. (I didn’t…)

On Saturday, she got another step closer to being mobile. She moved forward. Lily is now doing the seal crawl to propel herself forward. Propel is actually a more dramatic word when in reality, she is dragging her body forward at a very slow pace. But, it’s forward. Now Ella is coming to the shocking realization that her beloved toys are not safe. We’re trying to teach her to put her special toys on the couch or Lily will get them. Of course, even that is only a temporary solution, but it’s cutting down on tears for now.

I’m sure we’re only a few weeks away from having Lily follow us out of the room or…go on her own adventures. *gulp* To me, she looks ridiculous because she’s so little to be moving around, but of course, she’s on the normal end of development. I’m used to a baby twice her size crawling around. I love it! 

099

Now she’s rolling all over

 105

And able to get away from me…slowly. The lack of pants really is just to demonstrate that it is mid October and warm in Minnesota!

 103

Lily likes to pause on her side like a little model baby and see what’s happening.

089

And of course, this is just a nice look at real life. Lily is crying at me, Ella sitting on the potty chair and Sesame Street is playing on the television. Living the dream…

1 comment:

Larsica said...

Wow, I think Lily looks a lot like Loran when she's crying!