Last year, we attended our first Punkinmania in Mahtomedi. It was cold. It had snowed. I actually had to find our snow gear so we could go attend the mania. I had wished, in that blog entry, that the following year could involve more mania and less shivering. My wish was granted! This year, we attended Punkinmania in tee shirts! It was easily in the 70s in the late morning and reached the mid 80s. How is this even fall? Who cares!
We picked a medium pumpkin for Ella and little one for Lily. We attempted taking their photo in the picturesque setting, but the sun was in their eyes. Ella was able to climb through a fire truck and we viewed the petting zoo from the outside. Upon checkout, the children receive a goodie bag full of school supplies. While Loran brought the pumpkins to the car, Ella proceeded to have a major melt-down because I was obviously the worst mom at Punkinmania because I wouldn’t let her open her glue. Clearly, child protective services should have been called for the neglect Ella was experiencing.
After Punkinmania we went to the nearby apple orchard for more frolicking. Ella enjoyed playing “Ring Around the Rosie” with us while we waited for Loran’s boss and family to join us. I enjoyed an apple turnover and we brought home some ciderdoodle cookies and some other goodies, including a gourd that Ella fell in love with.
As wonderful as fall and pumpkins and apple orchards are, the best part is the nap that follows! Two tired girls took two long naps. And that is wonderful no matter what the season!
We concluded our festive fall themed fun with a drive to see some pretty trees around sunset and then dinner at our favorite local restaurant where it just happened to be…Fall Fest with many fall themed meals, an autumnal beer flight that Loran partook in and some hot apple cider that I sipped. Perfect ending to a day loaded with fall. And to summarize, here is autumn in Minnesota.
No comments:
Post a Comment