Thursday, May 31, 2012

Lily’s Last Day

Lily had her last day of school and a fun celebration to follow. Hard to believe that was our last ECFE class. Next year, Lily will be at Garden of Hope with Ella. My baby’s growing up! Next stop, potty training…after the move.

iphone 105_thumb[1]IMG_6517

First Day/Last Day

IMG_6522

Lily loves her day at school. Friends, songs, teachers, snack – what’s not to like?

IMG_6536IMG_6545

IMG_6549

Lily and her teacher Ms. Nicole (and Moo Moo)

I love the friends I’ve met through ECFE. So many great ideas, people to commiserate with, lots of laughter and a few tears. Lily started as a baby and now she’s an independent (she thinks) little girl. She sings the songs, does the actions, participates in conversations and plays with friends. It’s been fun to watch her play and grow.

For the end of the year celebration, we all met at the playground for some fun and the Teddy Bear Band was performing. The Teddy Bear Band has probably been around at least 20 years and I have successfully avoided them for 2o years. But no longer! The fact that I dread children’s music was not going to keep me from letting Lily attend the celebration. It was time to literally face the music. I wove my giant SUV into the parking lot amongst the other SUVs and minivans and we joined in the celebration. At first, the park was all Lily could focus on. But, once the band started strumming a few notes, Lily was intrigued. We joined the crowd of people and children surrounding the band and had a good time. The Teddy Bear Band, was not bad (I’ll admit it!) and Lily loved it! She danced and jumped and twirled like she was in the spotlight. Her current and former teachers were cheering her on and Lily became and official Teddy Bear Band groupie.

IMG_1599IMG_1604 

Rockin’ Out–Teddy Bear Style

No comments: