Ella helped me plant three tomato plants and Lily helped me plant one. We stuck to containers this year as every year we’ve had a garden has turned into a disaster of small proportions. We are not meant to be farmers. So far, our four tomato plants are doing great! Lots of small green tomatoes are growing strong. I shall never plant another plant in the ground again. Apparently I’m only meant to garden within the confines of plastic.
Lily is turning into my little fashionista. She picked out this knit hat from the clearance bin at Walgreens.
Loran was lucky and scored a seat home from Seattle on one of 3M’s jets. He gladly gave up his Delta coach seat for the accommodations. The girls and I made the trek over to the St. Paul airport to pick him up. We were given clearance to enter the 3M hangar…parked my car IN THE HANGAR! Walked around the other 3M jets that were parked and into the lobby to wait for the plane. The girls were SO excited to see Daddy. Even better, we were invited to go out to see the plane. To say the girls (and I) were thrilled would be an understatement. The girls were quick to try out the plush seats, mingle with the pilot, and the flight attendant, Janine, gave them a tour of the restroom and kitchen facilities. Best part of the tour? Janine showed them the candy drawer. A whole, entire drawer filled to the brim with candy! Better yet? They each got to take some. And we’re not talking Fun Sized…no, it was big candy! Ohhhh boy! We eventually had to commandeer the candy shortly after leaving the airport to keep them from going crazy.
The warmer weather has set in. To celebrate, one evening I broke out the sprinkler. A good time was had by all!
One afternoon, Ella surprised me by wanting to cuddle as she watched her show, little did I know that she would fall asleep. Even at age four-and-a-half, I still get a little glimpse of baby Ella. The glimpses are far and few between now, but sometimes I’m reminded of just how far we’ve come in such a short amount of time.
No comments:
Post a Comment