Apparently, going from three to four is hard work.
We have a growth chart in the living room that I made, thanks to Pinterest. We last officially measured Lily in October. Every few days, if not every day, Lily will stand up against the chart and ask if she's grown (typically after eating). We haven't marked her height because every time we've checked, she's been a few tenths taller, but not enough to mark. This morning, she was up against the chart since she's now four and I humored her, initially using my phone to mark her height and had her step away to see it. She stepped away and my eyes nearly bugged out. So much that I had her redo it. I made sure her feet were flat, head straight. Then I got the actually ruler and Loran for verification.
I'm not kidding, she grew over an inch in days. And really, she has us check her height multiple times a week.
There is a lot happening in our house! Birthdays, height adjustments, teeth falling out. How can Loran and I keep up with this??
Meanwhile, Ella's so preoccupied with her loose tooth that she ate one blueberry for breakfast, is drooling because she doesn't want to swallow and is completely distracted by it. Chances of her learning anything today? 3%. I should get her a caramel apple to bite into so she can focus again.



No comments:
Post a Comment