Saturday, May 17, 2014

And the Best Barfer Award Goes To…

***drumroll

Lillian Gutt!

One Thursday morning, Lily was getting ready for school and complained of a stomach ache. She asked if she could lay down. I could tell she wasn’t feeling well. I asked her if she wanted to stay home from school and she said yes. I then told her if she stayed, she would have to go back to bed. No argument there. Clearly, she wasn’t feeling well.

Lily went right back to bed. Lily got sick twice, but she’s an expert at the bucket. That in itself is such a blessing. It should really be a marketable trait. High level of barf bucket proficiency. She slept until 11am. She wasn’t contagious, just had a little issue to work out, and once everything was worked out, she felt completely fine.

IMG_20140508_080158376IMG_20140508_104647449

At 11:30, she brought me her clothes and wanted to get dressed and then proceeded to play nicely in her playroom. Politely asking for help getting toys out and then cleaning them up afterwards.

IMG_20140508_115018581

She was super happy and friendly the rest of the day. Her and I had fun playing during Ella’s horse lessons and even had a little visit with the minis.

IMG_20140508_162031891_HDRIMG_20140508_164411299_HDR

Of course, after her record morning of sleep, she was wide awake at bedtime, but only kept Ella up for a little while. I was more than happy to fall into bed at a reasonable hour that night. I probably didn’t. I’m sure I stayed up far later than need be, because, these things only seem to happen when Loran is out of town, and I need his voice of reason to tell me to go to bed after a long, crazy day. And any day involving the barf bucket qualifies as a crazy day.

No comments: